Home Office Summer Internship – Service Division
Saint Louis, Missouri
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Home Office Summer Internship Program:
As an intern in the Service area of the firm, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments during the 10-week summer program. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work in your Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
· Develop knowledge and skills to promote professional growth and personal development
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program
· Directly contribute to a business area to gain real work experiences and make an impact
· Develop and build networking skills to learn about our culture
· Attend exclusive events to meet and learn from other interns across the firm in a supportive environment that focuses on team building
Service Division Overview:
The Service division directly supports branch teams and clients, addressing all issues and inquiries with accuracy and timeliness to deliver Service Excellence. With a thorough understanding of daily branch operations, your valuable insights will shape how we do business.
In this fast-paced, service-oriented environment, you’ll leverage your critical thinking and effective communication skills to find solutions to inquiries, whether the request comes from a branch associate or client. By continually assessing and aligning our support, you’ll help us to better serve the needs of branch teams and the people they serve.
· The Service intern will be responsible for project work and implementing solutions that result in enhanced processes and service to a department, the Service Division and/or the branch teams.
· The Service intern will learn applicable topics in the assigned department to aid in the project responsibilities. The Service intern may also learn a specific topic to support questions from branch teams and provide the department valuable feedback to help us improve the client service experience.
· Examples of intern projects in the Service Division include:
o Redesign of department internal website
o Create or improve training materials and/or develop training plans for associates
o Develop a user-friendly database to collect and categorize system issues the department supports
o Organize, analyze and summarize quality performance data and trends for business process improvement recommendations
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are actively pursuing a degree, with Sophomore or Junior class standing
§ Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership and involvement in the community or campus organizations
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ A preferred major for this opportunity, including, but not limited to:
§ Business, Management, Communication, Marketing, Finance, English or Economics
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.