Typical Day in the Life
The Tax Intern on the Wealth Transition Services team will be responsible for working with staff and partners to complete trust and estate income tax returns, form 1041 and gift tax returns, form 709. Expectations of individuals in this role will be as follows:
- Preparing fiduciary and gift tax returns by required deadlines.
- Working with the tax and wealth transition team members to ensure the various components of the tax process are performed.
- Working with the national Wealth Transition Services team members on various projects.
- Reviewing Tax Workpapers to ensure relevant tax-related information is gathered so that an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Effectively communicating and interacting with all levels of staff and partners.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about public accounting, although certainly not your only interest!
- You have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- You are inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions.
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We’ll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.