At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Unreal Engine MetaHuman Creator Team is looking for a smart, creative Engine Programmer Intern to join them for spring 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
We focus on providing users and character designers a powerful and rich tool for creating digital and realistic human characters. MetaHuman Creator is based on cutting edge technologies from 3Lateral and it’s fully built inside the Unreal Engine 4, a fast and scalable gameplay framework which is interacted with through C++, Blueprints, or other scripting solutions. We work with software engineers, tools programmers, riggers and look dev artists from internal teams to rethink existing solutions and create new features.
- Working closely with the MetaHuman Creator team on anything from investigating and fixing bugs to developing new features in collaboration with tools programmers and artists.
- Integration of 3Lateral character technology, extending and maintaining the tool in UE5
- Supporting MetaHuman Creator product releases
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Work samples required (indie, academic, hobby project etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in game development and/or digital characters
Nice to have:
- Basic understanding of a game engine: core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!