Group Description: Evercore ISI offers a high-quality, collegial and collaborative environment and a rapidly expanding research platform where exceptional contributors can look forward to longer-term career opportunities.
What is the position? Evercore ISI seeks to hire a Junior Associate to support its Convertible Securities team located in Chicago.
- Serve as primary touch point to Evercore platform for institutional investors (hedge funds, mutual funds, pension plans, etc.) focused on convertible bonds
- Deliver Evercore research platform to help inform client investment decisions and add value to their investment process
- Build close and trustful relationships with investors in order to garner client trading volumes and execute agency orders
- Work closely with capital markets to execute primary capital raise transactions for the firm’s corporate clients
- Author investment ideas and research summaries for our client base designed to aid in idea generation
- Uncover and onboard new institutional accounts who would find convertible bonds complimentary to their mandate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0 – 2 years of experience in sales / client relationship development
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets and investing
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills; i.e the ability to build trusted relationships quickly
- Easily coachable with a desire to learn financial products and investment strategies
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized individual
- Ability to perform well under significant time pressures
- Ability to manage one’s time and thoughtfully prioritize client and firm needs
- Strong quantitative abilities
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams, and shareholders – including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public, private capital, delivers equity research, equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth individuals. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, please visit www.evercore.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Evercore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.