GROUP DESCRIPTION: Equity Capital Markets (ECM) originates, advises, structures, and executes equity and equity-linked offerings. ECM’s activities include IPOs, follow-ons, de-SPACs, pre-IPO capital raises, spin-offs, convertible / derivative strategies, as well as other equity-adjacent advisory work around capital structure and M&A.
POSITION: We are looking for outstanding team players to join our rapidly growing ECM team in a rapidly growing, industry agnostic (but heavily tech and tech-enabled), close-knit vertical. This vertical focuses on helping clients with raising capital in connection with de-SPAC transactions and / or high-growth issuers raising pre-IPO equity. Our analyst is expected to assume significant responsibility and will be included in all aspects of a transaction, from origination to closing. The analyst can expect to work on small deal teams, get immediate and direct exposure to senior bankers and clients and be responsible for key day-to-day execution tasks of each transaction. The work is fast-paced, entrepreneurial and requires the ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the execution of de-SPAC PIPE and Pre-IPO private capital raise projects
- Advising clients on alternative equity offering strategies
- Shaping positioning and valuation strategies for companies as they market themselves
- Analyzing companies, sectors, deal activity, corporate filings, and shareholder data
- Preparing meeting and pitchbook materials, marketing presentations, and term sheets
- Assisting senior team members in identifying and targeting new business opportunities
- Maintaining real-time capital market knowledge and macro and microeconomic themes
- B.A. / B.S. – all majors welcome, no preference for Finance / Accounting major (though helpful); member of the 2020 or 2021 graduating classes
- Interest in executing SPAC, pre-IPO private equity and / or PIPE transactions
- Strong quantitative skills; Microsoft Excel modeling experience preferred
- Exceptional communications skills, presence and poise for client-facing responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, entrepreneurial with a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently, across a variety of responsibilities at a fast pace
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work as part of a team
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams, and shareholders – including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public, private capital, delivers equity research, equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth individuals. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, please visit www.evercore.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Evercore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally-protected factors.