About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the Position
The Global Operations team promotes efficiency in operations, mitigate risks, and cultivate the infrastructure needed to enable the growth of Evidence Action’s impact. We prioritize work that is higher risk, impacts the entire organization and is strategic in nature.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and data-driven individual to join our growing Global Operations team as a Senior Associate. S/he will support a variety of global strategic initiatives that build capacity and reduce friction across Evidence Action. S/he will have strong strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities and be adept with quantitative analysis. S/he will bring superb interpersonal skills and work collaboratively and effectively with Evidence Action team members across various country offices across the organization. S/he will report directly to the Associate Director of Global Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be a core member of the Global Operations team and will support projects as they arise. The following include the initial areas of focus and responsibility, though the portfolio is expected to evolve with time.
- Data Analytics: Build and maintain a data dashboard and analysis program for cost-effectiveness and other decision making. Includes collection, management, and analysis of operational data (examples include travel, safety and security, and IT).
- Content Development and Training: Support the content development for a learning management system. Develop policy training and compliance materials, including in the areas of HR, Finance, IT, travel, safety and security.
- Corporate Insurance: Support the annual renewal cycle of corporate insurance, collating organizational information and working with external brokers to secure corporate insurance coverage.
- Safety and Security: Manage the organization’s travel authorization form and other safety and security efforts as appropriate.
- Project Management: Support the management and coordination of projects as they arise, including in the areas of Global Operations and IT.
- Develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with internal teams and departments.
- Support ongoing coordination of the Global Operations and IT team, including coordinating meetings and follow-ups, note taking, and general project and logistical support as needed/requested.
- Manage budget and workplan updates for Global Operations and IT as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
About the Candidate
S/he will be impassioned about improving the lives of hundreds of millions of people and making a measurable difference in operational efficiency and excellence. Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a strong project manager with the ability to be process driven and results oriented.
- Have strong critical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a high degree of independent follow-through.
- Be a relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus, and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Have an appetite for excellence and continuous improvement with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Be adaptable, self-motivated, quick to learn on the job and quick to take initiative and ownership over their workstreams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public health, international development, public policy, economics, statistics, or business.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a demanding, results-oriented environment.
- Strong task management and organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience in effectively communicating with diverse stakeholders in multicultural settings.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, handle ambiguity, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time (Note: currently travel is limited due to COVID).