ABOUT THE TEAM
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
· Design and implement APIs and microservices for driving search, indexing and data services in a cloud-based eCommerce environment.
· Understand and implement industry-standard programming patterns in conjunction with heavy performance optimization in services.
· Model real-world problems through object-oriented and structural programming.
· Act with a team in the development of cutting-edge applications and services, as well as collaborating with other business units.
· Share technical knowledge with existing team.
· Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
· Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Familiarity with agile development practices
· Strong communication and analytical skills, including the ability to navigate ambiguity while working well with disparate teams
· Ability to continuously deliver results under tight deadlines
· Ability to approach work with an open, flexible outlook focused on innovation
· Must be a creative thinker able to solve complex, highly technical problems
· Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced agile environment
· Desire and ability to work as part of a team
· Preferred: experience with Git Knowledge and experience with open-source frameworks and libraries