Do you love working with people and numbers? Come immerse yourself in big data and business management at Farmers insurance!
We are looking for innovative, curious, and organized thinkers to join our Personal Lines Product Management winter internship program.
Farmers Insurance Farmers Insurance Group is one of the premier property and casualty insurers in the United States, with operations nationwide and corporate headquarters located in the greater Los Angeles, CA (Woodland Hills) area. Farmers has been independently certified as a Great Place to Work based on its high-trust, high-performance workplace culture. Extensive development opportunities are available through the award-winning University of Farmers, named by Training Magazine as a top 10 corporate training organization in the world. We are one of the nation’s largest insurers of homes and vehicles. Our mission is to deliver peace of mind by making customers smarter about insurance and helping them recover from a loss.
Perks of working at Farmers is our amazing culture. We have dynamic employee resource groups (Black Professionals Alliance, LGBT & Allies, Somos Farmers, Toastmasters, Women’s Inclusion Network, and more) We also have excellent volunteer opportunities ! This internship will be held virtually based on external circumstances and given the success we had with our 2020 virtual summer internship.
Product Management ensures our company continues to grow profitably, and we oversee the Profit and Losses (P&L) of our customers. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution (Farmers agents), Pricing, Underwriting, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
As a Personal Lines intern at Farmers, you will develop knowledge of insurance, business, and analytics, as part of the Pricing and Product Analytics function. You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments.
You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data querying, manipulation and visualization in SAS, Access, and Excel using SQL code, advanced functions, pivot tables and charts
- Data analysis, communication and presentation of meaningful insights to peers and senior leadership
- Networking with friendly, highly supportive colleagues of diverse backgrounds and skillsets
Requirements for consideration include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Analytics or related major/ equivalent course work. Students with an anticipated graduation date in 2021-2022 preferred.
- Self-motivated, methodical individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Ability to work 13 weeks, part-time (16-20 hours/week) during the winter/spring semester.
- Eligible to work in the United States.