Open Date: August 19, 2021
Close Date: September 19, 2021
We are hiring onsite Daycare Teachers at Fermilab.
The starting rate of $15+ per hour which includes a guaranteed 40 hours per week and a full benefits package.
The Fermilab Children’s Center provides onsite day care services for the preschool children of the laboratory’s diverse international community. The Center promotes the social, academic, emotional and physical development of each child through planned daily physical activity, creative play, music, stories, art projects, and personal attention.
The Children’s Center is looking for an energetic Daycare Teacher who enjoys working with children age two and under. Under general supervision, you will be responsible for the daily care of an assigned group of infants and/or toddlers. A Daycare Teacher provides primary care and leads independent and group activities for infants and toddlers. Through games and a variety of physical and mental exercises the children develop language and physical skills, curiosity, imagination and self-esteem.
- $15+ hourly rate
- Guaranteed 40-hour week
- Vacation, sick leave and holiday pay, 401 K contribution, Dental, Medical, Vision
- Provide care appropriate to the needs, age and developmental stage of each child.
- Provide care in an attentive, consistent and equitable manner.
- Develop and lead culturally-relevant programs and activities to encourage social, physical and intellectual development.
- Monitor and assist with maintaining safe classroom and outdoor environments.
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with co-workers and parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
We Are Looking For
- An Associate degree in Early Childhood Development
- 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong communication and people skills to interact with children, parents, peers and managers.
- Instructional skills to clearly provide directives and in a way that young children can understand.
- Patience to handle different personalities, varying levels of social understanding and awareness, and tense situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to abide by all environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Contribute effectively within a diverse workforce and upholds Fermilab’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Relocation not available for this postion
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Work outdoors, Blood Borne Pathogens
Fermilab is America’s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes a diverse and inclusive environment based on mutual respect is critical to our mission. Fermilab is committed to recruiting and developing the most talented people and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, country of birth, geography/postal code, disability, marital status, parental or gestational status, or other non-merit factor.