At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Common Goals, uncommon potential
As a Preferred Banker Associate, you will have the opportunity to assist the Preferred Banking team and Relationship Managers in developing relationships with clients, transitioning them to the Bank while maintaining existing relationships using the full range of the Bank’s deposit products and services. In this role, you will encourage and recognize opportunities for additional business from existing clients and support the Preferred Bankers with documentation, new client follow-up, compliance logs and administrative duties. You will use your exceptional client service skills and ingenuity to solve problems and enhance relationships with our clients.
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banker Associate:
- Provide ongoing exceptional client service on the phone and occasionally in person.
- Support the Preferred Banking team in day-to-day responsibilities and provide backup support in the Preferred Bankers’ absence.
- Assist with obtaining and organizing all required documentation and filing.
- Maintain new account logs, Eagle reports, ALCO reports, client/product reports and transaction logs.
- Maintain client relationships and open new accounts.
- Acquire knowledge of existing Bank products, specifically on the deposit side, but with a small focus on the Trust, Wealth Management and Loan products.
- Keep up-to-date with new Bank product offerings and services.
- Maintain the marketing and brochure supply for Preferred Bankers.
- Participate in business development calls with Relationship Managers and/or Preferred Bankers.
- Adhere to and comply with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Verify the identity of clients that enter into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A college degree
- One to two years of experience in a professional services role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multitask
- A commitment to be a collaborative team player
- Knowledge of banking operations (preferred)
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.