At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
First Republic Foreign Exchange seeks a FX Sales Associate to focus on documentation. The key deliverables of the incumbent are to develop strong relationships with front office in order to help service their needs from a client onboarding perspective. Strong interactions will be required across: All FX teams, AML/BSA/KYC teams, compliance, relationship managers, business bankers and preferred bankers.
This is an entry level position but a general understanding of the Foreign Exchange Markets or International Banking is a must. This job requires excellent communication skills by telephone and email. Will support and work along with the FX advisory teams and assist with preparing all FX documentation. Excellent follow through and strong customer service skill set is a must.
Ensures that own work is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines as detailed in Company policies; policies include but are not limited to Fair Lending, KYC, BSA and other applicable anti-money laundering policies.
What you’ll be doing as Senior Associate, Foreign Exchange:
- Supports a growing advisory/trading staff.
- Works with Advisory Team members to onboard new clients and prospects. Will complete all customer setup paperwork relating to FX clients and prospects.
- Will work closely with the FX Customer Setup Team to streamline the onboarding process.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of Foreign Exchange, international banking and other company products and services with the ability to approach clients with unique service or risk management needs.
- Monitors status of assigned accounts to ensure conformity with terms; ensure proper documentation is completed and appropriately retained.
- Participates in the development of operating policies and procedures by communicating new or unique solutions to appropriate persons.
- Performs duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
DISCLAIMER: Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Team player
- BS/BA degree required.
- Provides extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.