At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Accounting, we’re responsible for recording and reconciling financial transactions, processing vendor payments, processing payroll, calculating and remitting taxes. We also produce external and internal financial reports and interpret accounting guidance.
Under general supervision, the Staff Accountant will perform a variety of routine duties in the Accounting Department which includes, but is not limited to daily and monthly reconciliation, analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts, research of outstanding items and inputting journal entries.
What you’ll be doing as Staff Accountant:
– Reconcile, analyze and certify various General Ledger accounts within daily and monthly deadlines.
– Prepare journal entries with proper documentation
– Identify, research, investigate, and problem-solve GL account and/or internal control issues
– Communicate and work with various business units to resolve outstanding issues.
– Support the accounting team in meeting month end closing deadlines.
– Assist management on audit request and responding to inquiries from internal and external auditors.
– Assist in providing detailed support to Accounting Management on financial reports, schedules and regulatory reporting.
– Assist in various projects as needed, such as analyze and prepare trend analysis to management.
– Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
– Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
– Organize and maintain updated accounting procedures respective to assigned tasks.
– Adhere to company policies in protecting and preserving confidentiality of bank and clients information.
– Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
– 2+ years of GL experience in accounting and/or banking environment.
– BS in Accounting degree required.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to execute tasks, handle multiple priorities and respond quickly to meet deadlines.
– Requires excellent verbal and communication skills.
– Attentive to detail, good analytical skills and team oriented.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
– Oracle and Hyperion knowledge desired.
– Provides extraordinary service.
– Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
– Must be able to travel as position requires.
– May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.