*Only completed applications will be reviewed. Please scroll down and review the “Your Application Submission Must Include” section for how to apply and what to include.
FleishmanHillard San Francisco is seeking qualified candidates for our Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship. Fellows contribute to client projects and gain practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors. Our ideal candidate will join us full-time 40 hours per week starting in summer or early fall. Ideally, this candidate would join us in a hybrid model of working in-person and remote.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are 6 to 12 months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program.
As part of advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) inside our walls, FleishmanHillard has committed to changing the face of our agency making it, and our industry, more representative of the world around us. We believe it is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do for our firm, our clients and the communities where we live and work. We are actively seeking applications from Black, Latinx, AAPI, and Native American talent as well as from members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Assist Social + Innovation team with developing social media strategies for various global technology companies.
- Contribute to agency diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Help with content creation, paid media, community management and reporting.
- Play an active role in social media monitoring for a variety of national and global clients.
- Contribute to the new business process, including research and proposal preparation.
- Recent grad (undergraduate or graduate) with the ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, Pacific Time and for a minimum of six months starting in summer or early fall. The ability to work in-person and remote.
- A strong career interest in social media and integrated communications. A background or strong interest in working with clients in the technology space is a plus.
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity and experience advocating for DE&I in either the work, school or volunteer setting.
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media.
- Two or three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing or advertising.
Your Application Submission Must Include
- Completed application – After filling out general information you will be prompted to answer a few short essay questions. Only applications with all short answer questions completed will be considered. It is recommended to allot a minimum of 30-45 minutes or more to complete the short answer questions.
- Resume and cover letter
- Two writing samples – News releases, blogs, pitch letters, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries and other relevant writing items; please limit each sample to two pages.
As an agency, we are committed to bringing diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) to the center of our business and our culture. We know that there is work to do both inside and outside our walls and we’ve started taking the actions that will sustain our progress and build momentum as we move towards being a more inclusive firm. Reaffirming our commitment to The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is one important step that allows us to find, engage and invest in the next generation of diverse talent with a professional interest in advancing DE&I.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.