SAAS Operations: Global Hosting Center Lead
FlexTrade Systems is a financial technology firm with headquarters in Great Neck, New York.
With a long history spanning 20 years in the industry, ~500 employees in 10+ offices in North America, Europe and Asia, FlexTrade Systems is an industry pioneer and global leader in broker-neutral, trading platforms for equities, foreign exchange, options, futures and fixed income.
FlexTrade introduced the first trading system that allowed clients to control and customize their propriety algorithms. FlexTrade allowed them to maintain the confidentiality of their trading strategies through a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform. FlexTrade now has a varied product suite that includes new trading systems, risk-management and analytical tools. FlexTrade’s global client base now includes over 175 buy- and sell-side firms, including many of the largest investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers.
FlexTrade has a strong footprint and long-standing (10+ year) presence in the APAC region (Asia Pacific, Australia and China) with its regional headquarters in Singapore, sales offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Tokyo and a global services and solutions team in Pune (India). With over 200 employees, the APAC region is critical to the long-term success of FlexTrade globally.
Now is an exciting time to join FlexTrade. Across the organization, FlexTrade is taking bold steps to transform its business and seeking new leadership to join the company to position itself for the next phase of growth.
The SaaS Operations Team Lead is a critical new role managing the SaaS Operations Center staff and taking ownership of all infrastructure and network requests and issues. Primary focus is the successful delivery of SaaS services and pivoting from reactive to proactive services. This role will be involved in designing the appropriate processes and procedures to build a proactive technical support center.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Managing Operations Team Members
- Responsible for managing a global staff of 4 – 6 members covering 6×24
- Manage culture change as the Operations Center matures and evolves to new services
Technical Management of Operations Center
- Structure the Operations Center to best serve clients
- Conduct quality assurance initiatives, including but not limited to the monitoring of support calls and tickets to ensure staff are delivering quality information and support to clients that is courteous, timely, professional, and effective
Process Maturing & Implementation
- Drive efforts to streamline and evolve systems, services, tools, and processes in support of optimizing service capabilities
- Drive a disciplined change process to ensure all modifications to the environment are appropriately controlled and communicated
- Responsible for helping to design and implementing client-focused processes for running the Operations Center
- Implement the necessary metrics to monitor results and identify areas requiring improvement
1st Line Incident Management
- Oversee all aspects of the incident resolution
- Ensure timely and appropriate internal and external communication occur throughout the incident lifecycle, including post
- Serve as an escalation point for Infrastructure, Network and third-party issues
- Lead reviews of incidents to identify deficiencies and foster continual improvement in operations – ensure root cause analysis is the rule, not the exception
- Analyze and report support metrics and trends
- Schedule and oversee the maintenance schedule for infrastructure and network elements
- Coordinate notification and scheduling with external client(s) via Application Teams
- A passion for providing exceptional service to customers
- Exceptional leadership skills with strategic vision
- Excellent skills in the process and people management
- Experience with managing high performing teams
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and the ability to see situations from the customer’s point of view
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure & networks – server, SAN, firewall, switch etc.
- Experience in managing Operations Center staff, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Strong organizational skills
Proven leadership track record, problem solving and customer service capabilities, ideally ITIL Certified
Position requires a high level of focus, energy, and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills, both written and customer-facing
- 2+ years of experience managing an Operations Center teams in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, related technical field, or equivalent work-related experience
Must be positive and able to develop and sustain a culture that places our Customers’ needs are the forefront of every decision
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**