We care about our clients. The children and families we work with are key to our success, and they are the cornerstone of our business. We are passionate about serving them well and meeting them where they are in the process of getting support services.
We care about our work. Our work matters, and we take it seriously. We take pride in our work and are committed to making our team a place people feel excited to come to every day.
We care about our community. Strong families are the cornerstone of strong communities. Partnering with other organizations to better support our families and communities is key to our work.
We care about our personal lives and families. In order for us to provide the highest quality of care to our families and clients, we must have a firm foundation ourselves. We value our family and personal lives, so when the business day is over, we leave work at work.
Help our growing pediatric speech therapy clinic by ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of insurance requirements, in addition to maximizing revenue by organizing and collecting payments for services.
How to win in this role:
- Create and submit electronic claims to insurance companies
- Obtain authorizations for speech therapy services, including gathering and submitting all relevant documentation required in the appropriate time frame
- Post Electronic Remittance Advice (ERAs) and adjust patient responsibility charges accordingly
- Pull Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) from insurance websites and post to EMR system
- Follow up on past-due claims with insurance companies
- Communicate with parents regarding insurance problems and/or additional payments due
The skills you need to win:
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with other team members
- Comfort in holding conversations regarding money, including payments due and fines being assessed
- The desire and ability to proactively solve problems each day
- Prioritizes the need for accuracy in record-keeping and deadlines
- The ability to easily and quickly gather and document information and data
- Tenacity in communicating with multiple representatives and adapting to constantly changing parameters from insurance companies
- Hunger for growth and learning
- Strong internal motivation and accepts personal responsibility for actions
- Love for children
- At least 6 months of previous experience working within a medical setting required
This is a part-time job (20 hours per week) with in-person working hours Monday through Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm. Remote work not available at this time.
If you are willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced, innovative, and dynamic environment to help children find their voice, then hit “Apply Now”. Can’t wait to hear from you!
Related keywords: medical billing, medical biller, medical billing specialist, medical coding