As a member of the Client Services Team (CST), the Client Service Specialist (CSS) Specialist is responsible for providing legal administrative support to a team of attorneys by performing complex, administrative assistance using specialized knowledge of the assigned practice area(s). The CSS works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment to deliver the highest level of service to internal and external clients.
- Provide superior client service by answering and screening calls in a courteous and timely manner and providing other client assistance when needed.
- Work closely with attorneys and clients to ensure seamless transfer of information.
- Facilitates the management of client specific data to enhance the overall approach to dedicated interactions.
- Manage workflow of assigned tasks and projects, prioritizing incoming tasks to meet deadlines and coordinate with other support services to complete work.
- Manage attorney calendars and assist in meeting deadlines, coordinate attorney and/or client travel arrangements and collaborate with the client regarding same.
- Prepare legal documents, memoranda, and correspondence from draft or dictated text. Create, edit, format, and proofread documents, spreadsheets and presentations with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assist multiple attorneys as primary assignment and provide additional support, back‐up, and PTO coverage for the CSS assigned to the team.
- Transmit legal documents, memoranda, and correspondence to clients, witnesses and court officials by electronic filing, fax, email, mail and/or messenger.
- Process new business requests by working closely with the New Business Intake Team by opening new matters; preparing and reviewing conflicts submissions; close matters; and create and maintain client case files using appropriate recordkeeping software.
- Calendar all critical deadlines and other dates requiring action into a calendaring database and ensure accurate calculations; maintain and manage these deadlines.
- Assist in the coordination of client billing using sophisticated software and procedures that may require client-specific instructions.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work proactively with Legal Team Assistants to accomplish tasks.
- Collaborate with resources, including Attorney Resource Center, as appropriate to complete projects and tasks.
- Adhere to all firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines while maintaining confidentiality.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Associate’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree a plus; applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years related family law experience at a law firm.
- Working knowledge of Pennsylvania state and local (county) court rules and electronic filing platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven and detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, initiative, decision-making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of inter-personal skills required to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position requires a highly professional demeanor and appearance including possessing poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts.
- Proven proficiency using legal terminology and experience working in related practice area(s).
- Experience with court/administrative related agency filings and meeting related deadlines.
- Possess a high level of proficiency using a variety of office equipment including personal computer, telephone, transcription equipment, printer, and copier.
- Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm or higher required.
- Must have intermediate-level working knowledge of the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, telephones, printers, and copiers.
Medium Work: Exertion of physical strength to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects 20 to 50 pounds frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds.
Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities, or requirements the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time. Employment with the firm is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability