Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Recruiting Operations Coordinator is an integral part of the recruiting operations team. This role is responsible for ensuring best practice recruiting coordination, leading our community outreach initiatives, diversity recruiting strategy, and quality and compliance of job postings. The coordinator acts as the subject matter expert on recruiting coordination processes and operations.
- Coordinate career fair registration and attendance, including preparing supplies and assisting recruiters with travel coordination
- Create and manage the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) recruiting strategy
- Schedule and coordinate interviews as needed for executive, faculty, and staff positions at both SCCA and Fred Hutch
- Manage external job advertising requests, and maintain active advertising database for staff and faculty requisitions
- Reconcile and process expense reports for faculty recruiting and relocation
- Collaborate with recruiting leads to document processes, update the recruiting SharePoint site, maintain accurate and complete documentation for compliance
- Act as an internally and externally facing representative of Fred Hutch and the HR department
- Manages other components of recruiting operations including the candidate referral program, university partnerships, and faculty recruiting administrative support
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Three years’ experience recruiting coordination or other similar role requiring scheduling, coordination, and customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience organizing recruiting events
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our HR Operations at HRops@fredhutch.org or by calling 206-667-4700.