Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Lund lab in the Immunology and Vaccine Development (IVD) department of VIDD is recruiting a Research Technician I-II, with a focus on bench research duties under the supervision of senior lab staff and the PI.
Duties may include processing and analysis of primary blood and tissue samples for flow cytometry, PCR-based analysis of cell populations, sterile cell culture work with cell lines and primary cells, ELISA assays, mouse colony management and genotyping, and general lab upkeep and chores. The candidate must also be comfortable working with potentially infectious material and biosafety level 2+ techniques.
- A bachelor’s degree in a biological science and research experience is required.
- Research Technician I minimum qualifications - Must have scientific knowledge in the area of study and basic laboratory skills. Independent research experience in addition to school lab experience is a plus.
- Research Technician II minimum qualifications - Intermediate level position requiring 2 years previous experience working in a laboratory. Independent research experience outside of laboratory course work is necessary.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, a team player and a fast and willing learner
- The ideal candidate has prior experience with cellular biology techniques including cell culture, multicolor flow cytometry and biological sample handling
- Experience working with primary T cells, FACS sorting and murine handling are highly desirable
- To be successful in this position, the candidate must be highly motivated, execute experiments in a timely manner, possess a great attention to detail, and must also be able to multi-task and prioritize work at short notice. They must also be capable of working independently in a team environment. Candidates with excellent organizational skills and communication skills (written and oral) are encouraged to apply
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.