This position works independently and as part of a crew to maintain Zoo grounds and buildings in an attractive, healthy, and safe manner. Work involves a variety of janitorial and maintenance tasks, and also involves interacting with Zoo guests in a positive, professional manner.
- Performs custodial duties throughout Zoo grounds including sweeping, mopping, trash collection, window washing, dusting and floor maintenance.
- Cleans and sanitizes Zoo restrooms as scheduled throughout the day, ensuring an excellent guest experience when using Zoo facilities.
- Makes minor repairs to toilet flush valves, water faucets and related equipment or systems.
- Reports major repair needs to the Facilities Manager in a timely manner.
- Works effectively with contracted services, setting an excellent example of the zoo’s mission and vision, and reporting any issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Promptly addresses high priority custodial needs in a professional manner, always providing excellent guest service.
- Interacts with zoo guests in a friendly, professional manner.
- Plans for efficient completion of daily duties, ensuring supplies and equipment are readily accessible for tasks and projects. Informs Lead Custodian or Facilities Manager when supplies are low, or equipment needs to be replaced.
- Effectively performs special assignments and projects as requested, and assists with other shifts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.