ABOUT BANANA REPUBLIC
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Banana Republic stylist, you will help create aspirational and on trend looks that enhance the customer’s emotional connection to the brand. You will be an expert on styling and fashion, with a thorough understanding of designers, brands and seasonal trends. As a stylist, you will contribute to a positive, friendly and inclusive environment that inspires and makes our customers feel welcome. Your goal is to grow the business by genuinely wanting to create an outstanding customer experience.
Health and safety are our top priority and we are committed to evolving our health and safety practices to keep our teams, customers and communities at the core of every decision we make. We’re taking care by requiring employees who are not fully vaccinated to wear masks and recommending our customers do the same. Employees who are fully vaccinated may choose to wear masks, depending on their comfort level. In addition, our stores have health guards at checkout, increased cleaning and sanitation efforts and physical distancing guides. We’ve also implemented associate health screenings and require all employees to do a health check at the start of each shift.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take inspiration from credible and relevant fashion references, including current style icons and influencers, and translate that inspiration into action by solving customer styling needs
- Connect and engage with customers authentically to understand their styling needs
- Serve as a Brand storyteller to create experiences that drive sales and achieve store goals, with the customer as the primary focus
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with our Words to Live By
- Assist in creating an inclusive environment where our customers and employees feel a sense of belonging
- Support sales floor, fitting room, cash wrap, back of house, as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Styling experience in luxury fashion and/or strong knowledge of trends and designer brands with the ability to translate that knowledge into solving customer styling needs
- Effective communicator with experience in creating meaningful connections with customers that build brand loyalty
- Flexible and adaptable to work shifts that meet the needs of the business; flexible and/or consistent scheduling may be available
- Ability to maneuver around the salesfloor, stockroom, and office and lift up to 30lb, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Passionate about hospitality, fashion and styling
- Comfortable engaging with customers
- Team player
- Champion of Gap Inc. culture
- Curious with a “can do” attitude
BENEFITS AT BANANA REPUBLIC
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.