Under the direction of the Director of Creative Learning, the Creative Learning Specialist will support experiential learning programs, virtually and in person, through high-quality and highly enthusiastic instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach students and educators with project-based, hands-on lessons in an engaging learning environment with enthusiasm
- Engage with students professionally, offering constructive, encouraging and timely feedback
- Prepare, plan and teach projects for virtual and in-person lessons
- Calendar and coordinate virtual and in-person lessons
- Prepare and ensure availability of program materials
- Perform duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Background Check and Drug Screen
- Travel may be required; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Prior experience instructing others is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the standards of ETI.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse groups of customers and colleagues, both orally and in writing
- Manage time efficiently (prioritize tasks)
- Self-motivated to improve performance without direct supervision
- Show persistence and seek alternatives when obstacles arise; seek alternative solutions; do things before being asked or forced to by events
- Accept direction and feedback from supervisor and follow through appropriately
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior
- Experience as a trainer or instructor is desirable
- Experience in customer service is desirable
- Able to encourage imagination, complex thinking and participation by all educators
- Knowledge of Garner Holt Productions, Inc., Garner Holt Education through Imagination
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
ETI, LLC., EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of ETI’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the ETI Employee Handbook.