The primary responsibility of the Custodian will be custodial and maintenance in and around the campus facilities. Custodians will promote a safe and healthy environment for our community, students, visitors and employees. It is the role of the custodian to follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
This position reports to the Manager of Facilities.
*1st consideration will be given to all applications received on or before September 15th, 2021.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the college utilizing appropriate germicides and cleaning solutions. Duties include, but are not limited to cleaning, dusting, and scrubbing of the building surfaces and furniture, operating industrial and associated equipment and performing minor repairs as needs arise.
- Regularly inspects and removes trash and debris from the college grounds.
- Initiate, retrieve and respond to service requests via web based work order ticketing system-coordinating resources and implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for campus and community events.
- Performs preventative maintenance and regular maintenance in and around facilities (i.e. painting, troubleshoots and repairs minor plumbing and/or electrical problems)
- Maintenance of custodial equipment and on-hand supplies
- Perform snow removal activities: snow plowing, snow blowing, snow shoveling, salt spreading, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks.
- Lock and secure buildings.
- Adhere to safety policies and OHSA requirements.
Please note the above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job with or without notice.
- High School or equivalent
- Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency through previous job experience and/or training in related performance responsibilities.