In the role of Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the manufacturing and assembly of aircraft electrical power products. In this position you will be responsible for establishing repair and overall processes, leading continuous improvement efforts and driving RCCA activities for the site’s wide breadth of products. You will work with a cross functional team to resolve day-to-day manufacturing problems as well as troubleshoot and resolve process and product issues.
Maintain, support and improve repair and overall processes for aircraft electrical power products. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead RCCA efforts for product failures and determine proper corrective action.
- Compile and interpret product data to drive and implement process improvements to increase on time delivery of products.
- Drive lead / cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
- Participate in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
- Ensure documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to meet customer expectations and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Lead and effectively interface with production planning, engineering, sourcing, and production teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost, goals and budget.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- One to Three of experience in manufacturing or operations.
Knowledge of aerospace electronic systems, production methods and processes.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Six Sigma training or preferred quality training.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.