Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, read on!
At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to our business. Complex analysis underlies every major decision and is an essential component of our unique strategic vision. Analytics have and continue to be GEICO’s hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
In the Research, Analytics and Development (RAD) department, we apply statistical and advanced modeling techniques to a myriad of types of data. Your job duties will include helping to lead the development, maintenance, and interpretation of our models to improve our pricing strategy and helping to determine the impacts of pricing and product proposals. You will be challenged to lead projects to develop new analytical and data products. You will have the opportunity to develop thoughtful and innovative solutions to address our business needs. Successful candidates will display strong modeling and analytical skills and will be able to train and mentor more junior analysts while working collaboratively to strategically solve problems.
You will be part of a team that is focused on innovation: trying new modeling techniques, devising new metrics, and tackling complex questions that the company has never tried to answer before.
You’ll have a chance to work on questions like:
- How can we predict the average repair costs for a vehicle that is brand new to the market?
- Which policyholders are most likely to change the terms of their policy, and in which ways?
- How can we incorporate new vehicle safety feature information into our product?
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field. Graduate degrees or equivalent are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in mathematical, statistical, financial or economic analyses on large, complex datasets
- Demonstrated ability in multivariate classification and regression techniques; experience with GLMs, decision trees, and machine learning
- Expert on industry and business background. Advanced in modeling techniques and hardware/software big data solutions.
- Strong knowledge, utilization of, and ability to learn software tools and languages such as R, Aginity, SAS, SQL, Excel, and Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills and creative thinking abilities
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization, project, and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of modeling experience
- 2+ years of insurance industry experience preferred
Starting salary commensurate with experience
*Both In-Person and Remote Work from Home options are available. This position is based out of our Corporate office in Chevy Chase, MD, and some travel will be required for employees working remotely.
As a full-time Senior RAD Modeling Analyst, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire
Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.