***Remote opportunity available, must be in or near the Akron, OH area***
Our team of investigative Billing Disputes Specialists conduct extensive research into customer concerns regarding billing errors, fees, payments and unauthorized activity. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with customer service and an interest in problem solving. The ideal candidate is comfortable with meeting specific metrics and has a desire to work in a growing company. This position is Monday through Friday during standard business hours. This job will require problem solving, communication, and customer service skills while having the ability to work independently.
As our Billing Disputes Specialist, you will:
- Research and reconcile disputes in the best interest of Genesis and the consumer
- Determine the risk of monetary loss between Genesis vs. our business partner and/or consumer
- Partner with the Complaints Team to resolve escalated disputes/complaints
- Identify trends with disputes to improve quality and productivity
- Review and update account trade lines to the Credit Reporting Agencies
These duties must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
- In-person training required*
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other credit regulations is a plus!
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong independent decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong critical thinking ability
- MS Word and Excel skills preferred
What’s In It For You:
- Permanent Work from home, based on performance
- Fulltime only
- Competitive rate of pay $$
- Robust health insurance including individual and family Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Peace of mind with Life and AD&D Insurance
- Protect yourself with company paid Long-Term Disability
- Save on taxes with Flexible Spending Accounts
- Relax and recharge with Paid Time Off (PTO) Program; plus 6 paid holidays and 1 paid floating holiday.
- Financial health with 401k plus employer match up to 4%
- We invest in your future through Tuition Reimbursement and ongoing Learning & Development
- Take care of your well-being through Wellness perks
Genesis Financial Solutions is one of the nation’s largest non-prime credit card servicing businesses. We serve almost 3 million consumers through two channels: Private Label Credit Card Servicing and direct-to-consumer MasterCard options that we service on behalf of our issuing bank partners. We specialize in second-look finance servicing for consumers who are turned down by a prime lender, yet are just slightly below the prime threshold. We are a company of seasoned consumer finance professionals who believe that everyone deserves the opportunity for both quality credit financing, and the chance to rebuild their credit. With our help, non-prime consumers can buy quality products and services without depleting their savings account.
Genesis Financial Solutions is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).