Are you ready to get outside? Are you courageous enough to lead others to be adventurous? Looking to make a difference and spending your summer making lifelong memories and friendships?
Girl Scouts San Diego Summer Day Camps provide girls an opportunity to enjoy all the fun and adventure of camp without the overnight stay.
We are looking for Day Camp Counselors with strong leadership, creativity and enthusiasm, to inspire and guide girls through the adventure and fun of themed day camp programs and specialized activities.
- Guide girls through the adventure and fun of theme based day camps and programs specialized for their age group.
- Plan, lead and assist in campers development and supervise all activities, ensuring their safety and participation, incorporating teaching of an appreciation for camp and the outdoors and other special skills.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Ensure campers are properly supervised at all times, including supervision of off-site trips or activities.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with staff, campers, and volunteers.
- Maintain flexibility and cooperation to assist with other camp roles as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in pre-camp staff training (40 hours), mid-summer in-service training and all required staff meetings.
Experience and Skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification or willing to obtain certification prior to first day of work.
- Experience working with or supervising in a youth-oriented program; understanding of child development and age appropriate behaviors, is preferred
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships with campers, parents, and staff; able to work with diverse youth
- Able to attend all staff and in-service training during the summer.
- Ability to work independently, but also take direction.
- Must submit health history record prior to first day of work.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation. Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.
- Willingness to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout Movement and acceptance of the relevant and compelling beliefs of Girl Scouting.
Join us for a summer of fun and adventure building your leadership skills while inspiring and empowering girls to build their courage, confidence and character.
This full-time seasonal role begins June 21 and ends August 18, 2021.