The Operations team manages our worldwide distribution network and is responsible for authenticating our sneakers, fulfilling orders and ensuring on-time delivery to buyers. Through our technological innovation and logistical efficiency, you will join a team that prides itself on being the most trusted marketplace in the industry while shipping and processing tens of millions of products for our global buyers and sellers.
GOAT is seeking a sneaker enthusiast looking to combine their passion with a full time career, and obtain an entry level position in the start up world. The ideal candidate possesses a solid knowledge of not only sneakers, but of the footwear consignment industry for brands such as Nike, Jordan, Adidas, New Balance, etc. As a Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist, you must have the ability to verify authenticity of sneakers across the major sneaker brands. In addition, a Junior Footwear Authentication specialist must keep up with footwear industry trends, sneaker releases, and collaborations with worlds’ best retailers, from streetwear to high fashion. You will not only figure out the authenticity of sneakers, but spot manufacturer defects, assess wear, and inspect SKU and size, ensuring that each buyer has the retail experience they’ve come to expect.
In this role you will:
- Assist Senior Authentication Specialists in the sneaker verification process
- Receive and arrange inbound inventory according to brand, model, etc
- Keep detailed notes and enter accurate data into the GOAT Group database, including release information, product SKUs and production dates
- Continuously research and learn about new models and brands of sneakers
- Manage the sneaker authentication process on your own
We are looking for:
- Passion for sneakers, technology and helping others succeed
- Knowledge of sneakers across all brands, including originals and re-releases
- Ability to recognize current trends within the industry
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you’re willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.