POSITION: LANEWORKER (PS101573)
Position is represented by Teamsters Local Union No. 665
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA – Golden Gate Bridge
SALARY RANGE: $31.34 per hour (Employee pays 7% of wage toward CalPERS retirement)
OPEN TO: All Qualified Applicants
CLOSING DATE: October 25, 2021
OPENINGS: Two (2) Full-time Laneworkers Vacancies; Weekday Shifts: 4:00 am – 12:30 pm or 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm; 40-hour work week
One (1) Part-time Laneworker Vacancy; Weekend & Holiday Shifts Only:
6:00am – 2:30 pm or 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm; 16-hour work week
An Eligibility List will be created for both positions
Under the direction of the shift supervisor, places and removes traffic tubes on roadway as needed for
traffic diversion on the Bridge and around the Toll Plaza. Cleans, polishes, sanitizes District vehicles, cleans and services traffic tubes and restrooms, performs traffic control measures in surrounding bridge parking lots during shift and during special events and expressive activities, works varied hours and shifts, assists shift supervisor as needed and performs other duties as required.
· Relocates traffic tubes for reversal of traffic direction on Bridge and around Toll Plaza
· Cleans, polishes and sanitizes District vehicles and assists in servicing District vehicles
· Cleans and services restrooms
· Fuels all Emergency Operations Vehicles on week-ends
· Cleans and re-tapes traffic tubes
· Performs traffic control measures in surrounding bridge parking lots during shift and during special events and expressive activities
· Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to the job
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service
· Performs additional related duties as assigned
· Regular and reliable attendance and performance required
· Occupational health and safety rules and working practices applicable to this position
· Drive a truck with a clutch and manual transmission (prefer 4-speed transmission)
· Drive vehicles with attached trailers
· Insert and remove traffic tubes onto bridge roadway from vehicle moving at 10-12 mph
· Work safely when exposed to varied roadway conditions, including heavy traffic and adverse weather conditions
Education and/or Experience:
· A minimum of six months recent driving experience
· Experience pulling a trailer and backing up
· Prefer experience working on roadways and setting up road diversions
· Must obtain a Class C driver’s license to drive heavy equipment, within 6 months of hire
· Must possess and maintain a current, valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
· No reckless driving and DUI within the last 7 years. No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years. Operates District vehicles on a regular basis.
Work outside in all weather conditions. Requires maintaining physical condition necessary for standing/walking; sitting; lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds; pushing/pulling; climbing; bending/twisting; and kneeling/crouching. Constant mental alertness while driving in heavy traffic, diverting traffic and traffic hazards. Work varied shifts and hours.
TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The District’s Human Resources Kiosk is available for filling out and submitting your online application and employment documents. The HR kiosk is located at the San Rafael Office. For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
All notices related to District recruitments for which you apply will be sent via email. Please ensure the email address you provide on your application is correct, and add ‘@goldengate.org’ as an accepted address to any email blocking or spam-filtering program you may use to ensure receipt of notification from the District regarding your recruitment application. The District is not responsible for notices that are not read, received, or accessed by any applicant for any District recruitment.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Employment Application @www.goldengate.org/jobs
2. DMV K4 Driving Report – Printout, which can only be requested from any DMV office (NOT printed online). DMV K4 Printout dated within 30 days from the date of job posting (Scan and attach as PDF to your online application). If we do not receive your DMV K4 printout with your application, you will not be eligible to move forward in the recruitment process. A complete DMV K4 will have the word ***END*** at the bottom of the report.
· Internal Applicants who are part of the Pull Notice Program, the Human Resources Department will request for your DMV report.
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION may include:
· Education, Training and Experience Assessment
· Skills Assessment
· Physical Ability Assessment
· Oral Panel Interview
· Department interview for final candidates
· Medical Examination (post offer)
· Drug Testing (post offer)
· Background, Employment and Security Investigation
(*) The District will invite only those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements to continue in the selection process.
(**) The District is a drug free workplace. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo
and pass drug testing prior to District employment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District provides equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons based on merit and other job-related factors without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions) gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation and any other status protected by state or federal law.
Applicants with Disabilities: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants with disabilities to complete the Employment Application and in any job-related examination process. Please contact Human Resources at (415) 257-4535 to request assistance with an Employment Application. To request a job-related examination process accommodation, please submit your request to Human Resources with sufficient time to allow the District to consider the reasonableness of the request.