POSITION: SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (PS101540)
Position is represented by the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, Local #21
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA –
Golden Gate Bridge Administration Building
SALARY RANGE: $125,153.60 – $151,257.60 annually (40-hour workweek)
Employee pays 7% of salary/wages toward CalPERS retirement plan
OPEN TO: All Qualified Applicants
OPENINGS: 1 Vacancy and to Create an Eligibility List
Under direction, perform varied professional and electrical engineering work at an advanced level of difficulty in the field and office. Perform assessments of and prepare written reports documenting the existing electrical systems and loads at existing facilities. Work with other engineers and technicians on design of new facilities and rehabilitation/retrofit of existing facilities. May supervise subordinate engineering personnel engaged in design and construction work. May act as resident engineer on major capital improvement projects and as oversight engineer on in-house maintenance and repair projects. Interpret, explain and carry out electrical engineering design, inspection and construction methods and procedures. Responsibilities include regular contact with other professional engineering personnel, as well as contractors and their representatives, and the general public, obtaining and providing technical electrical engineering data and information, preparing, checking and reviewing detailed and complex electrical engineering plans, specifications and related reports. Perform related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Five years position-related electrical engineering experience, including design, estimate and specification preparation and the inspection of construction work
• One-year supervisory experience is desirable
• Registration (P.E. license) as an Electrical Engineer in the state of California
• Must possess and maintain a current, valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. No reckless driving and DUI infractions within the last 7 years. No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years. May operate District vehicles.
• Performs assessments of electrical systems and prepare written reports documenting the capacity and limitations of the systems
• Performs detailed engineering calculations and analysis in connection with electrical design of utility systems for transportation facilities
• Prepares and supervises the preparation of detailed electrical engineering designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates and quantity estimates for a wide range of electrical construction and maintenance projects
• Works with other in-house and consultant engineering professionals and technicians to develop, prepare and finalize complete sets of construction bid documents for capital improvement and other construction projects
• Reviews consultants submittals and work products to ensure compliance with required scope of work and deliverables
• Reviews contractors’ work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications
• Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work either as part of a major project or for an entire project of smaller scope
• Makes investigations of contractual and construction problems that may arise on construction projects
• Inspects and supervises a wide variety of ordinary and complex construction projects to ensure compliance with contract plans and specifications
• Assists in the preparation of complex contract documents
• Conducts correspondence and prepare technical engineering reports in connection with a wide variety of projects
• Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to their job
• Ensures that employees under their supervision follow established safe work practices and obey all safety rules
• Meets and consults with department officials, engineers and contractors on technical engineering matters
• Regular and reliable performance and attendance are required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS:
• Theories, principles and practices of electrical engineering
• Electrical designs for transportation systems and facilities
• Modern construction methods and inspection procedures
• Current practices and uses of electrical components and materials and the planning of their integration into construction projects
Skill in or Ability to:
• Prepare electrical designs for transportation systems and facilities
• Originate and check design details, estimates, engineering plans and specifications
• Application of engineering theories and practices to practical engineering field and office problems
• Demonstrate effective supervisory skills
• Must inspect construction work on the Golden Gate Bridge, other structures and buildings, climb scaffolds, catwalks and ladders
• Carry test, inspection and electrical equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds
TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The District’s Human Resources Kiosk is available for filling out and submitting your online application and employment documents. The HR kiosk is located at the San Rafael Office. For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
All notices related to District recruitments for which you apply will be sent via email. Please ensure the email address you provide on your application is correct, and add ‘@goldengate.org’ as an accepted address to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use to ensure receipt of notification from the District regarding your recruitment application. The District is not responsible for notices that are not read, received, or accessed by any applicant for any District recruitment.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application
2. Resume (Scan and attach as PDF copy to your online application)
3. Copy of Registration (P.E. License) as an Electrical Engineer in the state of California (Scan and attach as PDF copy to your online application)
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION may include:
• Oral Panel Interview
• Department interview for final candidates
• Medical Examination (post offer of employment)
• Drug Testing (post offer of employment)
• Background, Employment and Security Investigation
* The District is a drug free workplace. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo and pass drug testing prior to District employment.
**The District will invite ONLY those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the position requirements to continue in the selection process. The District may convene the panel for interview process as needed to establish a reasonable pool of candidates to consider for final rounds of interviews and selection.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District to take all personnel actions on the basis of merit and other job-related factors, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability: physical or mental, age (40 and older), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, medical condition, political affiliation or military status.
Applicants with Disabilities: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants with disabilities to complete the Employment Application and in any job-related examination process. If you have special needs, please call (415) 257-4535 (Human Resources).