POSITION: TEMPORARY BRIDGE PAINTER (PS101525)
Position represented by Public Employees Union, Local #1
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA – Golden Gate Bridge
SALARY RANGE: $54.34 per hour (40-hour work week)
OPENINGS: 4 Vacancies and to Create an Eligibility List
OPEN TO: All Qualified Applicants
CLOSING DATE: April 26, 2021
Under supervision of Chief Bridge Painter, perform painting and associated work on the Bridge and other District facilities as required.
· Paints with airless and conventional spray equipment, brushes and rollers
· Facilitates abrasive blasting
· Sprays zinc coatings and various topcoats
· Rigs paint scaffolds
· Responsible for caring and maintenance of paint equipment
· Maintains a consistently high level of safety in work conditions
· Responsible for cleaning and housekeeping in assigned work area
· Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to his or her job.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
· Performs additional related duties as assigned
· Regular and reliable attendance and performance is required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Occupational health and safety rules and working practices applicable to this position.
· Work methods including rigging, paint application, paint equipment and tools, and abrasive blasting
· Carry out work assignments with minimum supervision
· Work effectively and professionally with District employees and all others encountered in the course of work
Education and/or Experience:
· Journey-level status with five years’ experience in structural steel painting, including rigging of scaffolds, abrasive blasting and painting with spray equipment.
· Completion of a Painter Apprenticeship program desirable.
· Bridge painting experience preferred.
Must possess and maintain a current, valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. No reckless driving and DUI infractions within the last 7 years. No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years. May operate District vehicles.
Work outside in cold and other inclement weather. Work comfortably at considerable heights and on suspended scaffolds. Ability to stand for long periods. Ability to work comfortably while wearing cartridge-type respirator. Requires maintaining physical condition necessary for standing/walking; sitting; lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds; pushing/pulling; climbing/balancing; bending/twisting; and kneeling/crouching.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS STATED MAY RESULT IN REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION
TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The District’s Human Resources Kiosk is available for filling out and submitting your online application and employment documents. The HR kiosk is located at the San Rafael Office. For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
All notices related to District recruitments for which you apply will be sent via email. Please ensure the email address you provide on your application is correct, and add ‘@goldengate.org’ as an accepted address to any email blocking or spam-filtering program you may use to ensure receipt of notification from the District regarding your recruitment application. The District is not responsible for notices that are not read, received, or accessed by any applicant for any District recruitment.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Employment Application @www.goldengate.org/jobs
2. DMV K4 Driving Report – Requested from any DMV office ONLY. Cannot be printed online. (Attach to your online application).
· Internal Applicants who are part of the Pull Notice Program, the Human Resources Department will request for your DMV report.
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION may include:
- Education, Training and Experience Assessment
- Skills Assessment
- Physical Ability Assessment
- Oral Panel Interview
- Department interview for final candidates
- Medical Examination (post offer)
- Drug Testing (post offer)
- Background, Employment and Security Investigation
(*) The District will invite only those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements to continue in the selection process.
(**) The District is a drug free workplace. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo and pass drug testing prior to District employment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District provides equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons based on merit and other job-related factors without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions) gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation and any other status protected by state or federal law.
Applicants with Disabilities: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants with disabilities to complete the Employment Application and in any job-related examination process. Please contact Human Resources at (415) 257-4535 to request assistance with an Employment Application. To request a job-related examination process accommodation, please submit your request to Human Resources with sufficient time to allow the District to consider the reasonableness of the request.
Revised 12/30/19 SS