This position oversees, coordinates, and services recruitment of graduate programs at Gonzaga University. The Admissions Specialist is responsible for identifying, mentoring, and recruiting academically qualified candidates into graduate programs in accordance with the mission of the university. The Admissions Specialist establishes and maintains personal and professional interaction with prospective students interested in graduate programs. This position contributes to the institutional goal of increased enrollment by working as a member of a dynamic team for the benefit of students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two years’ experience in admissions, sales, marketing, public relations, program enrollment or a related area with preference given to sales experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level of customer service.
• Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain records and files.
• Ability to work in an environment that requires self-direction and motivation.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to work under time pressures and deadlines.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
• Admissions or program enrollment experience with demonstrated successful results, particularly in the areas of managing timelines and application accuracy preferred.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.