Performs paralegal duties for clinics within the Center for Civil and Human Rights. Assists the clinical faculty members in performing a broad range of administrative duties, including grant application and reporting. The position also performs a wide range of complex administrative, student support, event planning, and budgetary duties for the Center for Civil and Human Rights. The candidate develops and maintains strong professional relationships and works collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and is expected to function professionally with and without direct supervision, using discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Five or more years of legal experience as a legal assistant and/or paralegal.
•Ability to relate and work well with diverse groups of people while representing the Law School in a professional manner.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate job-related processes to internal and external customers.
• Microsoft Word skills to include the ability to create reports, containing graphs and other intermediate functions (e.g. perform mail merge, insert table of contents).
• Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets (e.g. formulas, filters, graphs).
• Maintain composure in fast paced work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrated ability to operate with a high level of confidently and discretion.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately input data into various systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or college course work in related filed
• Two or more years of support experience in the higher education field
• Proficient in creating table of contents and table of authorities
• Status as registered paralegal.
• Current Notary Public
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.