Performs duties particular to and normally required in the trade of grounds keeping, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Experience maintaining automatic sprinkler systems.
- Both written and oral communication skills.
- Working-level knowledge of safety procedures related to hazardous chemicals.
- Knowledge of safety standards and work practices associated with grounds keeping and general facilities maintenance and repair.
- Because of the need to interact with virtually every area of campus life, must have a pleasant and customer-focused approach.
- Must be able to effectively work in a group of groundkeepers and other Plant and Construction personnel.
- The ability to work with people of diverse personalities, education, and cultural background is important.
- Ability to work early morning hours and weekends.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.