The web producer blends user needs, stakeholder expectations, and strategic objectives with content, images, and other creative assets to deliver first-rate, on-brand user experiences. This position is instrumental in planning, creating, and editing content, while deftly managing multiple web team initiatives and partner projects simultaneously. It also oversees our web request queues and supports our community of web editors.
This role requires excellent web content creation skills; knowledge web best practices in strategy, design and development; strong project management skills (including ability to manage an agile team and workflow); and the ability to help train and support editors. As part of a Marketing & Communications department focused on finding solutions, a customer-service orientation is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in project management, web design, communications, marketing, creative writing, journalism, or a related field preferred. An equivalent combination of work experience and strong writing portfolio may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
• Three years’ experience writing and managing content for the web
• Demonstrated ability to write succinct, active, and engaging copy appropriate for web audiences. A very strong writing portfolio may be considered in lieu of three years’ work experience.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills with the ability to follow AP or styles as necessary.
• Ability to write in different styles and tones for different audiences and platforms (such as marketing websites, blogs, social media, email marketing, and infographics).
• Solid understanding of web design and development paradigms as they apply to the creation of interactive content, features, and graphics.
• Experience publishing and managing online content across multiple channels, including public websites, blogs, intranets, and social media.
• Experience using web content management systems (CMS) to publish and edit content, including applying tagging and metadata.
• Ability to create and maintain production calendars.
• Ability to create web content standards, style guides, and processes.
• Ability to train users on content management systems.
• Ability to consult and train other content editors on web content best practices.
• Ability to adapt web content and experiences for blogs, email, apps and social media.
• Ability to apply the University’s brand voice and audience-appropriate tone to web content.
• Understanding of web information architecture concepts such as wireframes and site maps for communicating web page layout, functionality, and content to stakeholders.
• Experience with – or demonstrated ability to quickly learn– enterprise level content management systems.
• Comfortable using and troubleshooting HTML and CSS for web content formatting.
• Fluent in web design and user experience best practices and ability to create great user experiences.
• Ability to envision websites and pages based on stakeholder input and requirements
• Ability to use content management system templates and components to create optimal user experience.
• Direct experience with Sitecore content management system strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) practices and ability to apply them tdo web writing.
• Five years’ experience managing and writing content for the web, especially marketing copy and calls to action; informational or academic content; and personalized content based on personas.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.