- Develops and implements data research methods and analytical procedures; assesses validity of data methods and/or procedures for appropriate application; applies advanced statistical methods to all related data sources.
- Assist with the coordination of project design, planning, analysis, and reporting on all assigned data initiatives.
- Identifies trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Effectively communicate analysis and findings to internal and external entities. Provides consultation and assistance to OPB staff in Developing methods and strategies for effective reporting.
- Leverage a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex business objectives (statistical natural language processing, information Retrieval/extraction, machine learning/ deep learning, image processing, rules engines, knowledge graphs)
- Must be organized and can analyze the results of their research to formulate conclusions.
- Facilitates testing and evaluation of newly developed knowledge, methods, and techniques.
- Serve as a liaison to other state agencies regarding quantitative analysis.
- Perform review and analysis of budget program and policy issues, analyze financial trends or proposed legislation and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Access the information technology and analytic goals of OPB and takes responsibility for implementing information systems to meet those goals.
- Works with multiple agencies to gain understanding of agency programs and analytic initiatives.
- Interprets policies, standards and procedures, participates in training workshops, participates in joint initiatives, and provides advice and Recommendations.
- Develops and automates reports using SQL, SAS, and visual analytics (VA).
- Perform other duties necessary to achieve the mission of the office of budget and planning.
Salary: $62,878- $81,043/per annum
Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Business Administration, or Management Science & 3 years’ experience as Data Analyst
1. 3 years’ prior experience using the Extract, Transfer & Load (ETL) process.
2. Receipt of Certified SAS training in:
• SAS Visual Analytics
• Advanced Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner
• Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner
• SAS SQL 1: Essentials
• SAS Programming 1: Essentials
3. Knowledge of Advanced Quantitative Analysis and Computing (may be gained through bachelor’s or higher-level coursework)
Travel Requirement: None.
Location of Employment: State of Georgia, Office of Planning and Budget – 2 Capitol Square, Atlanta, GA 30334. Telecommuting from same MSA permitted.
Email resumes and job history to Felicia Lowe, Human Resource Director – email@example.com