Group Leader Afterschool Prog
About the Position
On-call group leaders fill in for permanent group leaders who cannot attend work because of sickness, planned leave, or other reasons. When a group leader is unavailable, the on-call staff are contacted to see if they are able to work.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead activities such as homework help, small group tutoring, art projects and interactive literacy and math activities.
- Create a safe learning environment for participants.
- Maintain accurate student attendance reports and evaluations.
- Attend staff meetings and/or staff development activities.
- Participate in a team approach to mentoring youth through a membership process.
- Participate in Graham Windham’s organizational activities when appropriate.
- A high school diploma is required. College students are preferred; applicants with high school diploma or GEDs must have experience working with youth.
- Experience in planning activities for youth ages 6 to 13, preferably in an educational environment (schools, after schools or summer campus).
- One to two years of prior experience working with school-aged children (kindergarten through 8th grade) is preferable.
- Knowledge and practice of the principles of positive youth development.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, including the ability to effectively work with staff, children and parents.
- A team player who is also able to work independently in a focused manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. A positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
Harlem and the Hunts Point neighborhood of the Bronx.
Please attach your resume as a PDF or a Word document. Include two references within the attachment.