NEW YORK, NY, US
Why you should join our team
We offer an exciting opportunity for professionals looking to impact young lives by teaching their areas of expertise. We offer a competitive hourly rate, ongoing professional development and a vibrant work environment at one of the leading child and family organizations in New York City. Here are some of our accolades:
· Harvard Business School New York City Community Partner Award Winner for excellent leadership and management (2019)
· Kym Watson, Chief Operating Officer, inducted into the New York State Women in Human Services Hall of Fame (2019)
· Ranked among top New York City child welfare agencies by the NYC Administration for Children’s Services for helping children find permanent homes (2016-2018)
· Jess Dannhauser, CEO, selected as 2015 “40 under 40” Rising Star in the New York nonprofit community by New York Nonprofit Media (Nov 2015)
Duties & Responsibilities
· Support the Instructor and Team Leader during class time by preparing and distributing materials and other group content.
· Assist students during homework one-on- one or in small group with homework completion
· Create a safe, bully-free environment for all participants by practicing skills taught in orientation and professional development including- de-escalation, mediation and mindfulness.
· Maintain accurate student attendance reports.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings and professional development trainings
· Ensure that the learning environment is clean, safe and materials are prepared ahead of class
· Use positive classroom management techniques.
· Minimum one year experience working with children & teens with children & teens in a structured afterschool environment is preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalency required.
· Experience in working with students from diverse backgrounds, specifically low income communities is preferred.
· Track record of good customer service and organization skills.
· Demonstrated drive to become a professional in the following career fields: Human Service, Psychology, Mental Health, Education, Social Work, and other related field
· Must be a team player.
Core Competencies: Excellent Interpersonal & Conflict Resolution skills; Positive Attitude & Professional Demeanor. Must possess quality communication skills that reflect active listening. Ability to empathize with participants and plan appropriate interventions with staff and supervisor is paramount Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
Group/Team Leaders- Monday-Friday 2p.m.- 6p.m.
Position Type Part Time