Grainger is North America’s leading B2B distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating supplies and related services. Our purpose is to keep the world working, which is why more than five million customers across industries like commercial, government, healthcare, and manufacturing rely on us for products and solutions to keep their people safe and their operations running.
At Grainger, team members have the freedom to be curious. They have the resources to grow and the space to. We understand and celebrate the need to hear, respect and apply unique perspectives to succeed. This is the way forward – the way to boost your career while delivering positive change for all people.
Hours of Operation are X:00 to Y:00 for the role. This position typically does not work evenings or weekends.
Pay for this role starts at $XX.XX.
As a Branch Sales Associate you will provide solutions and easily connect with walk-in customers by using guidance, knowledge, and a winning attitude. You will maximize sales opportunities, create customer loyalty, and exceed customer expectations. Throughout the day, you will need to shift focus from assisting customers to perform a variety of warehouse tasks. You will report to the Store Manager.
• Manage the entire customer experience. This includes appropriate product selection, accurate order entry, safely picking product, and safely loading customer vehicle
• Look for ways to maximize sales opportunities and encourage customer loyalty
• Adapt communication style to differing audiences in email, over phone, or in person
• Pick, prepare, and stage will call orders/shipping product
• Prepare customer backorders and put away other stock received
• Help with merchandising and perform showroom replenishment
• Perform inventory counts
• Learn and easily navigate through different computer systems for customer-facing and warehouse activities
• Perform housekeeping tasks to ensure branch appearance meets Grainger standards.
• Agree to safety guidelines and comply with all process standards including wearing personal protective equipment
• Flexibility to work any time within branch hours of operation
• Will safely lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and heavier loads with assistance
• Learn and operate powered industrial equipment
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage starts day one
• Paid time off (PTO) days and 6 company holidays per year
• 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
• Employee discounts, parental leave, and more
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.