Gravity Water, a US-based 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization which focuses on providing clean drinking water to communities in developing countries by combining rainwater harvesting, elevated storage, and gravity-fed filtration, is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student to fill the Gravity Water Youth Initiative (GWYI) Coordinator position. The GWYI Coordinator will assist the Gravity Water Management Team in developing and growing the GWYI program within their region, through collaborating with local schools and providing youth with the guidance to carry out educational fundraising campaigns within their school and community.
About the GWYI
The Gravity Water Youth Initiative empowers young leaders worldwide to become active players resolving the Global Water Crisis and fosters inclusivity, global citizenship and equitable access to education opportunities.
Essential job responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Working with local K-12 schools and students to participate in the GWYI program.
- Assist schools in planning and implementing educational fundraising campaigns focused on raising awareness about the Global Water Crisis and Gravity Water’s approach.
- Work closely with the Director of Youth Engagement to fulfill management protocols, including weekly assessment meetings, strategic project planning, and GWYI campaign logistics.
- Passion about creating clean water access throughout the global community
- Experience in project management, coordination, and planning
- An academic focus in education, environmental studies, global studies, or related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Time commitment: 5 hours per week (minimum)
- Experience with G-Suite
- Youth Education and Mentorship
- Leadership experience, including ASB, Interact Club, or related programs
Interns will gain professional skill sets in the following areas:
- Youth Leadership & Mentoring
- K-12 Education
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management & Coordination
- Team Management
- Program Development
- Professional Communication
This position is supervised by Gravity Water’s Director of Youth Engagement. The GWYI Coordinator will have two initial 1:1 onboarding meetings as well as bi-weekly 1:1 check-ins with the Director of Youth Engagement throughout the duration of the internship. The GWYI Coordinator will attend weekly one-hour team assessment and training meetings. The GWYI Coordinator will have a 1:1 mid-quarter and end-of-the-quarter assessment meeting with the Director of Youth Engagement to evaluate their engagement and priority achievement during the internship.