The Great Books Summer Program is a growing and dynamic education company headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. We offer unique and rigorous summer and school year programs to outstanding high school and middle school students from all over the US and the world. We hold programs online and in residence on prestigious college campuses. (www.GreatBooksSummer.com)
To further our growth, GBSP is looking for an Admissions and Development Manager with energy, drive and dedication to help promote and expand our unique academic programs. The ideal candidate is a natural leader who is passionate about education and the opportunities our program affords bright students from diverse means and backgrounds.
If you are interested in having a positive impact on education and on motivated learners, if you connect well with teens, professors and peers from top colleges, and if you are a champion of civil discourse this is the opportunity for you.
The Admissions and Development Manager is a hands-on position in a lean and effective team. The Admissions and Development Manager assists in the creation and execution of admissions campaigns to acquire and retain participants through various forms of outreach, manages and develops relationships with sponsor organizations, acts as liaison with donors, oversees financial aid processes, and resides on campus for approximately 3 to 6 weeks in the summer to provide quality program management.
Specific Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
– Create and implement an outcomes-based strategic recruitment plan.
– Collaborate with Admissions team to utilize appropriate markets to attract targeted populations to the program.
– Represent the program to prospective students, educators, parents and other individuals or organizations involved in the selection process.
– Collaborate with Admissions team to achieve enrollment goals established for the programs and to evaluate, admit and enroll students.
– Develop and manage relationships in public and private schools through different grade levels.
– Develop and manage relationships with sponsorship organizations and donors.
– Manage scholarship and financial aid plan for each financial aid cycle.
– Reside on campus during season to aid in administration of summer programs.
– Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the program.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in sales, education, or profit or non-profit management.
• Bachelor’s degree from a top institution of higher education required.
• Experience in admissions, development, or a related area.
• Experience coordinating programs and events
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Strong Public Speaking Skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, both as a team leader and participant,
• Excited to do some travel and willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Send cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org