Our award-winning public relations firm is seeking a Go-Getter/Gifted Geek/Genuine Genius to join the GG marketing and business development team as a senior associate or director. You’ll help drive marketing and lead generation activities for Group Gordon (not the firm’s clients), playing an important creative role in attracting new clients to the firm and continuing our company’s history of year-over-year growth.
Group Gordon works with clients in a variety of industries and issue areas across our corporate, nonprofit, and crisis practices. You’ll help further strengthen the firm’s recognition and opportunities in the verticals we already work in—including financial services, law, real estate and housing, social justice, education, health, and more—as well as introduce GG to new ones.
The senior associate or director will be hands-on in both day-to-day execution and big-picture strategy and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. We are looking for excellent writers, thoughtful strategists, creative thinkers, and meticulous researchers who want to use these skills in a supportive, collaborative environment.
Note: Group Gordon is currently all-remote, and candidates will begin remotely until we return to our New York City office.
No two days are the same at Group Gordon. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading strategy and execution of GG’s marketing and lead generation activities, including but not limited to:
- Working with CMO to develop an annual marketing plan for the firm with strategic ideas to elevate GG’s brand, grow the new business pipeline, and amplify GG’s work and leadership, including new tactics for the firm to employ for successful lead generation
- Organizing webinars/events targeting prospective clients, including conceiving of topics, developing presentation materials, and inviting prospective clients
- Conceiving and executing out-of-the-box, creative content initiatives
- Owning GG’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Managing GG’s CRM (Hubspot), including maintaining and growing our lists of warm and cold leads and conducting email marketing
- Updating GG’s website and managing our blog, including conceptualizing, writing, and working with the broader team to source blog content, with SEO best practices in mind
- Putting together applications for awards and speaking engagements
- Representing the firm at networking events
- Conducting media relations to earn media placements for the firm’s leaders
- Tracking and reporting on results of marketing and lead gen activities
- Supporting efforts to elevate firm leadership on topics related to communications, business, and politics, including by helping to manage their social media accounts and securing media placements
- On occasion, supporting business development efforts by participating in the proposal and pitch process for prospective new clients, including conducting research, drafting and editing written proposals and decks, and partaking in calls, meetings, and presentations
- Managing and mentoring junior employees
- 2–5 years of relevant experience (2-3 for senior associate candidates; 3-5 for director candidates), preferably in a B2B marketing role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Hubspot, email marketing, and content management systems (WordPress)
- Versed in key digital media tools and platforms and knowledgeable about SEO
- Ability to take ownership and work independently while also contributing to a team
- Highly organized, creative, and resourceful
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks nimbly
- Media savvy, with a sense of what’s newsworthy
- Top-notch proficiency with PowerPoint and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred skills (not required):
- Graphic design and video production ability, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Subsidized health insurance; annual stipend for health costs; free OneMedical membership
- 401k with company contribution and discretionary profit sharing
- Paid vacation days plus company and religious holidays, Summer Fridays, and your birthday off
- Quarterly self-care afternoons off; social activities like trivia, book club, happy hours, our annual PR Olympics, and other fun activities
- The group comes first. We measure our impact by the strength of our team.
- We focus on substance. We tie all work to our clients’ big-picture goals, combining strategic insight with a determination to get the job done.
- We hold ourselves to a high standard. We believe in the businesses and causes we work for and share a fierce commitment to racial and social justice.
- We never stop learning. We thrive on research, always think critically, and see roadblocks as opportunities to get creative.
- We are the company we keep. We all play a role in defining our culture. We motivate each other, value our lives outside of work, and make GG a company we’re proud to work for.
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com:
- A résumé
- Responses to the following four questions (no more than one page total):
1. In a nutshell, who are you and why are you interested in this role at Group Gordon?
2. Tell us about your proudest achievement in a marketing role. What was the goal and how did you achieve it?
3. Tell us about a mistake you made in your professional career. What happened, what did you learn, and what would you change if you could go back?
4. Tell us about a team project you worked on. What made the group function well, what challenges did you face, and what do you think was your most significant contribution to the outcome?