The Scientific Research Intern will assist the Research Scientists with medical device projects. This intern will work cross-functionally to support during the product development process. The Intern will be an integral part of the GKD’s Product Development team. The selected Intern will get hands-on experience in various areas of diagnostic device development such as assay preparation, device testing, image processing and regulatory documentation.
The Intern will work up to twenty hours weekly during the current semester. It is possible that period could extend beyond this semester based on product requirements and location of the student. This is not a virtual position and will require being present in a BSL II Laboratory.
- Perform and assist in bench work for product development , which includes wet lab and dry lab techniques
- Writing scientific materials and assist in regulatory documentation
- Assist in inventory management systems
- Perform duties assigned by Research Scientists
- Current Bachelor’s student specializing in Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or BioPhysics
- Proficient in using MS Office
- Experience in using literature search platforms like Google Scholar, PuBMed
- Commitment to developing patient oriented diagnostic devices
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent people skills Independent worker and a team player
- Ability to commit to work in the Laboratory this summer.
- Current Master’s student specializing in Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or BioPhysics
- Experience of working in research laboratories
- Experience in writing research journals