About Video Investment
Video Investment is responsible for handling the gathering of information, negotiating of ad space and time, and placement of all video elements across multiple mediums such as National Television and Digital Extensions. This is done by collaborating with specific planning and digital teams to achieve the priorities and optimal objectives of each individual client/account. Once the inventory is placed, the Video Investment team is tasked with the job of maintaining the completed buy to ensure that all aspects of the process have been completed successfully.
Overview of the Job:
Assist in the development and stewardship of video buys and related functions across linear television and digital video. Assist Negotiators in all aspects of the negotiating process and servicing. Develop communication skills with clients, interdepartmental, and vendors. Acquire knowledge of vendor offerings, computer and maintenance tools, and research.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Learn how to compile and analyze marketing and media data to be used as support for implementation decisions
- Assist in the preparation and rationale of video recommendations and annual plan presentations
- Gain proficiency with Media Ocean and video media tools.
- Develop skills to determine how to reach the client’s consumer target through strategic usage of video programming
- Learn negotiation tools and techniques, including media math and audience estimating
- Assist Negotiators during Upfront season by running and analyzing video proposals and preparing buy recommendations in PowerPoint for clients
- Learn to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Manage a video buy from beginning to end
- Input and upload video/digital inventory into Media Ocean
- Allocate and maintain video buys
- Monitor network audience delivery as well as issue final post-buy reporting
- Resolve billing discrepancies
- Create and maintain detailed excel charts summarizing video buys
- Cultivate working relationships with vendors to maintain buys and solve problems
- Maintain traffic function where necessary
- Assist Video Negotiator with any client requests
What you will need:
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills, including proficiency in math
- Communication skills: written, verbal, listening
- Collaborative and astute – able to build trust and respect within our network
- Exceptional organization skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented
- High level of comfort and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong interest in media
- Interest in television and video streaming
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.