Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, the 2021 Maryland Tech Council Government Contractor of the Year, is experiencing industry-leading growth. We have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country for seven years and are led by Maryland’s 2019 CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a driven and detail-oriented Project Manager providing leading-edge management solutions to world-renowned healthcare and research organizations in the Washington, DC metro area, and around the world. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
This is a project management position that requires strong organizational, communication, and stakeholder management skills. The job involves assessing business needs, writing project charters, drafting project schedules to chart milestones and key activities, planning and driving projects through required stage gates, leveraging enterprise program management tools to establish project team collaboration, and keeping stakeholders at various levels informed of project status.
– Organize, lead, and motivate project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering technical solutions that provide exceptional business value.
– Establish a project team by identifying resource needs and defining roles and responsibilities. Lead cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and manage projects through the entire lifecycle.
– Manage scope, schedule, quality, risks, and issues for several concurrent high visibility projects using various methodologies including agile.
– Analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, leveraging team strengths to quickly deliver customer value. Manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
– Play other roles as needed to support successful project delivery, the PMO, and strategic IT department objectives.
– Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers.
– Analyze project management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit the environment.
– Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, obtain agreement on priorities, communicate progress updates (written or verbal), resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management.
– Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skillsets to support successful performance across operations and projects.
– Develop and maintain necessary project artifacts and ensure the desired level of technical solution documentation is maintained.
– Lead and participate in meetings; follow-up on direction, action items, questions, documentation, etc.
– Serve as a point of contact for customer leadership and corporate executive management.
– Use critical thinking and communication skills to absorb and relay strategic needs articulated by customers and ensure these concepts are written into project charters.
– Update SharePoint collection list of projects and portfolio status on a weekly basis.
– Capture, monitor, and update project risks and issues in the project management tool, on a weekly basis.
– Assist Technical Leads in factoring strategic and prioritized projects into their sprint planning. Fill communication gaps by connecting leadership strategy to Technical Lead work prioritization.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline or 10 Years of related experience.
– Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance.
– In response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, all GRSi employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by GRSi prior to the start of employment.
– 8-10 years of project management experience, working with cross-functional teams.
– 1+ years of hands-on Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master experience performing backlog management, work specification, Scrum facilitation, Kanban, lessons learned.
– Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience with Microsoft Project, Office Suite, and cloud platforms for project collaboration (Teams, SharePoint, SmartSheet, etc.).
– Understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira.
– Experience writing Project Charters, developing Project Schedules, and executive presentations.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and strong customer-facing skills.
– Self-starter and quick learner with lots of initiative and the ability to work independently.
– Experience with development, release, change, knowledge management, and end-user support systems.
Innovation, Collaboration, and Agility – at GRSi these aren’t buzz words, they’re our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services — from systems integration; Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full-spectrum cybersecurity and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunities.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2021 – Government Contractor of the Year, MD Tech Council, Multi-Year Top5 Tech Company*
*2020 – Top 5 Gov’t Contractor, MD Tech Council, 4th year*
*2020 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 6th year*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015, 20000:2018 & 27001:2013 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*
Requisition ID: 6782