GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly organized and proactive Talent Acquisition Intern to join GumGum’s global Talent Acquisition team. The Talent Acquisition Intern is a key role in providing an inviting, informative, and all around great experience to candidates and internal team members at GumGum.
This role is a full-time internship with a high possibility of converting to a regular full-time position after 5-6 months. This role reports directly into the Lead, Talent Acquisition Partner.
*Note: We are open to remote candidates in the Southern California area or anyone who plans on moving to the Southern California area. We are working remotely until 2022, but would like someone local eventually for any in person team events in the future.
- Candidate Experience and Scheduling
- Schedule phone, video and onsite interviews, organize travel arrangements for candidates (if necessary in a remote workplace), and provide regular follow-ups & confirmations for the candidates/interviewers
- Coordinate interviews in multiple time zones including: U.S., Canada, Mexico, London, India, etc.
- Support a team of three recruiters across GumGum’s business and technology functions
- Provide a high level of support to the Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Hiring Manager teams
- Assist the recruiters and hiring managers in communication with applicants/candidates
- System and Process
- Become a subject matter expert in Greenhouse, our ATS system
- Update job postings on careers site and job boards
- Collect professional reference and background checks for candidates in the final stages using Crosschq and Universal Background Screening system
- Coordinate and track recruiting programs including but not limited to employee referral program, job fairs, etc.
- Partner with People Operations for onboarding of new candidates and other logistics
- Additional Projects
- Adhoc status reporting, metrics, and frequent updates to the team as requested
- Coordinate logistics of career fairs and recruiting events
- Assistance with resume screening of roles
- Update various talent branding collateral for the team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build strong relationships with potential candidates
- Ability to manage high volume request and multitask
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills is a must
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or MS Office Suite
- Exceptional communication skills
- Desire for continuous development and have passion to learn more about Human Resources and Talent Acquisition
- Interpersonally savvy and thrives off of delighting people/clients
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions – geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series – connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride – our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum