Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. By serving as a key member of our middle office data operations team in our New York office, the Data Operations Specialist position offers an opportunity to develop experience, to varying degrees, in data administration/management, compliance and research operations, data aggregation and governance, and data analytics. You will gain exposure to private investment strategies, investment flows, and systems development in an intellectual, collegial environment.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Optimize and centralize an intake of large amounts of data with a focus on efficiency and scalability
- Efficiently validate and ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security
- Support ongoing, real-time tagging and classification of client and investment data across various databases and systems
- Maintain data policies and procedures, inventory, and infrastructure
- Interpret, analyze, and present data in a manner that enhances the internal/external client experience
- Manage risk across responsibilities by closely adhering to firm and regulatory policy, procedures, and processes
- Participate in special projects both within the department as across Hall Capital as needed, which can include recruiting, research liaison, systems processes and automation
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- In the first 30 days, you will gain familiarity with our internal systems, data reporting processes, and our people.
- In the first 90 days, you will have a primary focus on the timely processing and review of client investment data as part of our centralized data aggregation and governance process.
- In the first year, you will have developed strong ownership and command over our data aggregation platform, serving as a key contributor in helping us reach our data centralization and operational efficiency goals.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Enjoy working with large amounts of client investment data, complex problem-solving as it relates to data and operations, and working in a team-oriented culture built on collaboration.
- Value and model the attributes that make our team great: Collaboration, excellence, good judgement, initiative, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
- You believe that diversity and inclusion drive more robust dialogue and improved decision-making, and you share our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting or related (such as finance or economics)
- Have 1-2 years of private fund administration or financial reporting experience
- Possess a keen interest in data management, operations, and, technology
- Can tackle complex, multi-dimensional problems and come up with actionable solutions
- Possess a basic knowledge of financial markets
- Are able to balance both a of strong process orientation and are willing and capable of “thinking outside of the box” in identifying solutions
- Demonstrate a strong ability to multi-task and balance time-sensitive priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Operate with excellent organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Have excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Prioritize strong customer/client service orientation
- Are highly responsive to internal and external requests; always willing to “go the extra mile”
- Work effectively in a collaborative and collegial team environment
- Are proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Advanced Excel skills are preferred
- Have knowledge of Advent/APX, MS Access, SQL and VBA (this is a plus but not required)
- Are able to quickly adopt to new technology platforms
You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Hall Capital believes that our organization and culture is made stronger through diverse perspectives and experiences.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous benefits package, including employer-paid health coverage options, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and pre-tax benefits for transit, health, and dependent care
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Annual wellness benefit that covers a broad range of activities including Physical, emotional, family, intellectual and financial expenses.
- Professional development funding and training sessions
- Social events plus volunteer and philanthropic opportunities
- A collaborative, inclusive culture that is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions (read more here.)
MORE ABOUT US:
Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of December 31, 2020, we direct more than $42.7 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicle investors. Founded in 1994, our approximately 180 employees operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. Learn more about our work here
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We continually seek to diversify our staff and will consider all qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco and the Fair Chance Act of New York City.