· Work in the Custody and Companionship Clinic to assist with pro se litigants with private custody and companionship fillings;
· Interact with litigants in a positive, patient, helpful manner;
· Process client clinic applications and determine if applicants qualify for services based on income;
· Communicate clearly and effectively regarding the fields on the forms that litigants are completing;
· Answer litigants’ questions, providing accurate information;
· Manage multiple priorities, when multiple litigants are being served in the clinic;
· Serve as liaison to Legal Aid staff and volunteer attorneys,
· including making copies, providing case documents and other information;
· Share ideas regarding efficient functioning of the Custody and Companionship Clinic;
· Answer phone calls and assist callers with information about the Custody and Companionship Clinic and with general Court-related information.
· Maintain Custody and Companionship Clinic data electronically;
· Enter data into spreadsheets and/or databases;
· Generate data reports, as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
Summary of KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES required for the position:
· Must possess analytical skills/abilities, which include: Ability to understand and explain forms required for filing.
· Must possess clerical/administrative skills/abilities, which include: Ability to follow legal procedures and perform general clerical duties (i.e. filing, copying, faxing, etc.).
· Must possess computer/technical skills/abilities, which include: Ability to operate a computer and use Windows based computer applications.
· Must possess project/process management skills/abilities, which include: Ability to perform all duties in an organized and efficient manner; Ability to process legal documents with speed and accuracy.
· Must possess written and oral communication skills/abilities, which include: Ability to work in a dignified manner with all persons in often stressful situations; Ability to communicate in a positive, professional, helpful manner with all customers; Ability to recognize situations requiring confidentiality and maintain confidentiality.
· Must possess knowledge and understanding of: Legal vernacular and procedures, Juvenile Court Administrative Procedures and Court documents with special focus on private custody and companionship filings.
Hamilton County Juvenile Court is a Drug-Free Workplace