Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst
Industries: Financial Services, Financial Sales, Private Equity, M&A
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Founded in 1998, Harvey & Company is a buyside acquisition search and principal investment firm. We are a unique company in that we have advised the buyer on every one of our 400+ transactions. We proactively reach out directly to business owners and companies that align with specific investment and acquisition strategies that we are leading. Our core team is comprised of 80 professionals dedicated to specific sectors within industrial manufacturing and services, distribution, healthcare, business and financial services, technology, consumer, and energy. For more information, visit our website at www.harveyllc.com
This position is a ground floor opportunity to engage with leaders of private equity funds, family offices, private equity backed companies, and privately held corporations. Our fast-paced competitive work environment requires organized, energetic, and self-directed professionals able to handle multiple tasks effectively. Analysts report to an Associate and have significant exposure to high-profile clients and CEOs early in the job.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Identify attractive companies through primary research
- Manage a proprietary database of researched companies
- Write professional correspondence (letters and emails) to key executives
- Develop marketing materials to pitch various clients and strategies.
- Communicate with business owners & key executives over the phone
Please note that there is no financial modeling in the role and only minor financial statement analysis.
- Analysts can expect to earn $24/hr + commission to start. Upon advancement, Analysts can expect to make $75,000-$100,000+.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision) after a standard waiting period.
- 401(k) plan with profit sharing after a standard waiting period
- BS/ BA degree from an accredited four-year university. All majors are encouraged to apply.
- Preferred 1 to 2 years of professional post-college job experience. We will also consider highly qualified recent graduates.
- Prior experience in finance or economics is helpful but not required.
- Previous business development experience is a plus.
- Candidates must be hardworking, outgoing, organized, multi-task oriented, and eager to learn. Candidates must exhibit strong attention to detail and proven pride in workmanship. Polished verbal and written communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications are a must.
- Candidates are expected to be self-starters and effectively contribute in a team environment.