Focus. Clarity. Commitment.
HCVT is a highly specialized professional services firm providing tax, audit, business management, mergers and acquisitions, and valuation services to private and public companies, business owners, high net worth individuals, and family offices across select industry niches.
At HCVT, we are different. We are a team driven by our values—Integrity at our Core, Building Success Together, and a Passion for Excellence. Our focus and commitment are on the needs of our clients and our team. Clarifying and resolving complex issues is what we do. How we do it is what sets us apart from other CPA firms.
As part of the HCVT team, you will work in a fast-paced environment. Our culture is all about collaboration, teamwork, giving back to our communities, and partner access and accountability. We also believe that there is no one way to progress in your career. We are flexible and embrace diversity. We provide our team members the right tools to be successful with a continual focus on technical training, as well as other skills necessary to thrive in the world of public accounting. Join HCVT and Move Forward – Your Way!
As an Intern in our Tax service line, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts and its related income tax work papers
- Complete a variety of projects within engagement timeline and budget guidelines
- Learn and effectively utilize firm tax preparation software to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance the quality of service to clients
- Perform self-review of work
- Perform tax technical research assigned by supervisors
- Develop strong relationships with firm professionals
- Participate in firm training and activities
- Work with your buddy and performance manager on professional development of both technical and soft skills.
To be successful, these are the skills, qualities and experience you will need:
- On track to completing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a master’s degree in accounting or taxation between May 2022 – June 2023
- Available to work 24 – 40 hours a week from Mid-January through Mid-April
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.0
- Active membership in Beta Alpha Psi or another campus accounting organization
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to learn in a fast paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and is a team player mentality with a can-do spirit
How to Apply:
- Please submit the following required documents on Lever: Resume, Unofficial Transcripts, Cover Letter
*Note – HCVT is unable to sponsor the work authorization of candidates.
Connect with us:
The ordinance requires employers to state, in all job solicitations, postings and advertisements, that the employer will consider applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.