Our Traffic Engineering/ITS department is currently looking for a Traffic Engineer Intern. This person performs assignments under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer/Planner or Project/Task Manager.
In the role of Traffic Intern, we’ll count on you to:
• Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
• Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Completing LOS analysis for selected intersections (Synchro). Assist with traffic forecast modeling.
• Complete projected figures using Geographic Information Systems and AutoCad
• Conduct parking studies to analyze potential parking impacts to neighborhoods near the Project Areas
• Conduct intersection and segment LOS analysis and project trip generation estimates
• Perform traffic impact analysis as part of a CEQA/NEPA level EIR or preliminary engineering study
• Conduct intersection LOS analysis, project trip generation estimates, and the determination of cumulative impacts
• Perform field work to record intersection and traffic signal design.
• Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
• Apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
• Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional or Project Manager
• Perform other duties as needed
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Civil/Transportation Engineering program
• A focus on Traffic Engineering as a career including traffic operations, simulation and design
• A basic understanding of traffic engineering concepts from related course work
• In addition, interest and experience is needed in knowledge of traffic design standards including signal, ITS, and signing and striping design with Microstation / AutoCAD software
• Knowledge/interest in Synchro / SimTraffic software, HCM 2010, HCS / Vistro software and Caltrans traffic design/operations analysis standards and procedures
• Attention to detail a must
• Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
• Basic Microsoft Office skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0+ GPA
• Prefer 1+years of classes in traffic analysis
• Graphics experience such as GIS or illustrator would be a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
• Strong preference will be given to local candidates who have intern experience in California before graduation
• Strong preference will be given to local candidates who have an interest in remaining in California after graduation and working part time during the school year